Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Purpose of Elements

In class this week, our teacher gave us a brief yet important feedback session about our projects. When I was called up, there was a question I simply could not answer about the individual parts of the introduction: "What's its(the part of the scene) purpose in relation to the bigger picture?". The music was easy to explain because of the idea of loss and emptiness. However, other parts were not so easy to explain. For example, showing the hands transitioning in two different places really did not mean anything in terms of adding to the scene and tone of the scene I was attempting to set. Also, I came to realize that I did not have too much motion, that I would be depending on my editing far more than I would like to admit.

As a result, I decided that the scene with the hands would be removed. Instead, the constant would be the piano, with the lighting around it changing from a light, happier shade of yellow to a cool blue or white light, showing the change in tone. Also, the movement would be compensated through slightly more complex and symbolic shots, such as close ups of medications or the aforementioned empty piano. Also, to make the viewer feel more involved in the conversation, I am debated whether or not to include an over the shoulder shot when the doctor is talking to the protagonist. On one hand, the shot would have the audience feel like the are more involved in the conversation, as if peering in from behind. However, the shot can seem very out of place since most of the shots are either close ups or mid shots. I'll have to fix that doubt soon thought because I plan on filming this weekend, either on Friday or Sunday, depending on when my actors will be available for the most time.


(Doctor Photograph)
Kathryn A. Hughes, MD | Physician | February 25, 2015, Roozehra Khan DO | Physician, Nilesh Kalyanaraman MD | Policy, Bob Doherty | Policy, James M. Dahle, MD | Physician, Erica Kaufman West, MD | Physician, Taylor Brana | Education, Pamela Wible MD | Physician, Pamela Wible MD | Education, Niran S. Al-Agba, MD | Policy, Anne Toledo MD | Physician, Niran S. Al-Agba, MD | Physician, Charles Ornstein | Policy, Edwin Leap MD | Physician, Fred N. Pelzman, MD | Physician, and Maria Yang MD | Physician. "Health systems are designed to help patients.  But what about doctors?" KevinMD.com. N.p., 25 May 2015. Web. <http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2015/02/health-systems-designed-help-patients-doctors.html>.

No comments:

Post a Comment