Sunday, March 19, 2017

Decision+Outline


Despite the very crude picture, what is shown above is my rough outline for how I am going to film the introduction for a film. I have decided to make a Drama film about a young piano prodigy who has sustained an accident that does not allow him to play piano ever again. In this opening, i want to create a feeling of shock and emptiness within the piano player, hence his name, Mr.Vuoto. For those that do not speak Italian, the name mean emptiness. Also, within the opening, I plan on using a piano soundtrack in which the piano strikes a deep and heavy tone, marking the end of the scene. 

In order to add a feeling of loss, I also wish to create a segment in the beginning of the introduction where Vuoto feels he has lost a part of himself, hence the part where he looks down at his hands playing the piano in one shot and just laying on top of his legs in the other. Dramatic films usually involve the main character entering some form of external and internal conflict, coming into contact with many of the mixed emotions that may come from the conflict and the events surrounding it. Unfortunately, I am still trying to find a fitting title for the film. With luck however, I should have figure it out within the week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment