Sunday, March 26, 2017

A solution? Huzzah!

After going through my various drafts for the introduction there was one thing that was going through my mind when taking a look at my ideas for the symbolic shots of medicine and such objects: boring.



 To look for inspiration on how to make a scene more interesting, I went to the Internet's gold mine of amateur filmmakers: YouTube. During my search, I came across a relatively humorous video on simple focus pulls that anyone can do. While some of the focus pulls were simply lackluster of did not fit what I was looking for in my scene, I was very fond of other shots, particularly the one including the bottle of sauce. 



Here, the person's face is looking away from the object, in this case the bottle, and then turns towards or near the camera. This allows the viewer to see both the object long enough without taking away from the true focus of the scene: the emotions of the character. Also, instead of having a simple, boring shot of the person and then the object, this keeps the viewer interest in the scene while maintaining the structure of the scene throughout the duration of the shot.

(Focus Pull Video)
(2011, November 26). The best 17 focus pulls you will EVER see!! Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byoKfN5hIJ0

(Bored GIF)
Bored, boring, 30 rock animated GIF. (2016, April 15). Retrieved from http://popkey.co/m/jZwQY-bored-boring-30 rock

(Bored Solution)
What to do when your bored. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.pinterest.com/nandie0627/what-to-do-when-your-bored/

No comments:

Post a Comment