Sunday, March 12, 2017

Intro. To: Joaquin

To whomever this concerns,

This is a Blog for any reader to understand the process gone through to create this short two-minute introduction to an original film as well as all my research and thoughts on this journey. But before all that, I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Joaquin Perez Nogueiras(yes it is that complicated). I live with my parents and sister along with my adorable little companion Dulce(Spanish for sweet), my wiener dog. My fascination for film began when I was just 8 years old: Wall-E had just come to a theater near me. It was here where I first told my mom: "I wanna make movies someday too". Little did we know that I would soon be striving to enter in the industry via a school project. 

For this project, due to a fairly low budget(I am in high school after all) ,as well as great personal interest in the genre, I have decided to create the introduction to a Drama film. 

While looking for articles on the Drama genre, I found an page on Filmsite that I think perfectly describes the genre. In their words: "A dramatic film shows us human beings at their best, their worst, and everything in-between." This means that the director and the script and the acting and even the setting much all come together to present the viewer with the intended portrayal on the characters' positions in life and perspectives of life. The article also describes the subgenres within "Drama", which goes on to prove that the Dramatic genre is able to reach out and appeal to a much larger audience than its other genre counterparts. Furthermore, the article describes the different topics that can transcend the films themselves, such as racial divides, drug abuse, corruption of power and many other troubling real-world issues. 

This ability to display real-world messages is really why I think film has the ability to be the purest from of art: it is a blank canvas and every little part comes together to form a piece of art among many in history. In my film, I think I want to do more than just create a project worthy of artistic approval. I want to create a piece that it able to represent a controversial topic I may have come in contact with before. However, with all the possible subgenres found in Drama, I have yet to choose which one to do.


Drama Films. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.filmsite.org/dramafilms.html

No comments:

Post a Comment