Sunday, March 26, 2017

Feedback Time

This week, our teacher placed the students in my class in groups of 6 or 7 people to receive feedback from the students themselves. Unfortunately I presented my idea last in the group, so expectations were already set for how the presentation should seem. Despite my nerves and the aforementioned expectations, I think I was able to describe my movie introduction well enough for the rest of the group to understand what I had in mind.

The main problem that was clear was that I didn't have a clear detailed plan for what I was going to show in the film. While I did have very basic ideas and parts of the scene but they were very loosely related, which means that although I considered some of my ideas to be good, they didn't sum up to anything, resulting in a very poor production. 

So, in order to fix this, I've taken a look at some of the main points in my original outline and have begun to create the final outline of my introduction. Initially, I was going to have the piano play all throughout the project, but a fellow table member mentioned that this might be too cheesy and might take away from the main focus of the piece: emptiness. Instead of keeping the piano playing, I would have the piano only in the beginning and silence the rest of the time to further emphasize this idea of emptiness in the pianist's life after his accident. 

I believe this small chance will make all the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment